Fear can be a debilitating emotion. It steals our sleep. It takes away our appetite. Even when we have all the problems of our life in control, there is still that little nagging fear in the back of our minds that says that something is not what it should be. Different people find different ways of dealing with the fear. Some drink. Some party. Some people drug the feeling away. No matter how hard they try, it always comes back.
At the heart of mankind there is a need for God.
We were created for fellowship with Him and when we are not rightly related to Him we cannot know peace of heart. There is always that unsettled feeling. In the Gospel of Luke chapter 24we read the story of how Jesus entered the upper room. There His disciples were
hiding in fear of the Jews. When they saw Jesus standing in the midst of them the Scriptures says that “they were terrified and affrighted. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet.” (Luke 24:38-39) His hands and His feet bore the scares of the nails that held Him to the cross. They were symbols of His sacrificial death on that cross. He died on that cross to save us from our sins and restore us to fellowship with the Father. When the disciples saw the scars they remembered His sacrifice and rejoiced. Jesus’ death on the cross assures that you and I can have the forgiveness of sins and the Peace He promised that night. (Luke 24:36) The following are simple steps that will help you come to a saving faith in Christ and how to become a child of God. (John 1:12)
- All have sinned – Romans 3:23
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ – Acts 16:31
- “And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.”
- Confess the Lord Jesus as your Savior. – Romans 10:9-10
- “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
If you have further questions about receiving Christ as your Savior please click here.
Please let us know if you do make this step of faith. We would love to pray for you and send you any helps we can to encourage you in your new faith.